Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ahoy! From Pisek, Czech Republic

(Code: blue is Dave and green is Shena...)

Hey Dave. How's it going?

Oh, you know, not much.  Typical day.  Got up at 5:30 [on Friday - Chicago time], cleaned up the house, had some lunch.  Then I felt like getting some Star Bucks, so I hopped on a plane to London.  It was yummy.  Then I had a hankerin' for some snacks, so I got on another plane to Prague.  They served "sweet and savory" snacks on the plane.  Delicious.  Then, I got a bit tired and decided to take a nap inside a mini van for an hour or so.  Now I'm chillin' in Pisek.  But enough about my dreary day.  How are you doing, Shena?  Say, what is that on your face?

Well, Dave, I'm glad you asked. It's actually an "Anti-stress / Plant Collagen / Spa Fabric Facial / Face Tonic / Five Minute Miracle / Pelvetiane seaweed / Uplifting & Firming Face Mask". At least that's what it says on the package.
(Yes, I look like this woman, right now...)
I'm wearing it because I've had a long day. Or days. I'm not sure which is the correct answer... All I know is that I left the states a long time ago, survived a 6 hour flight, 3 hour layover, 2 hour flight, 3 hour van ride, hour and a half wait for dinner (but my catfish and your pork ribs sure were tasty!), and now it's face mask time! Then, some sleep... Cuz I've only gotten 3 hours or so in the past... however long it's been since Friday morning at 5:30! So, Dave, what are you up to tomorrow?


Hmmm... I haven't thought much about that...  Maybe after breakfast I'll stroll on down to ye olde kirk, equip myself with a couple chiseled timber logs and lay down some phat beats on those polymer skins (layman's terms for "drum at church").  Then I'll crash at my sweet hotel room, which is also conveniently called a suite.  I need to rest up for the week ahead.  We've got some bomb-diggity plans this week, don't we Shena?  Why don't you tell our friends in Cyber Land what we are going to do?

Well, dear geek-husband, after church tomorrow and meeting with the church leaders, we will head to the English camp, where we will be for the rest of the week. There, we will teach English to our small group of Czech students - about 8-10 advanced students (as far as we know right now). We're pretty stoked to teach them all about idioms, fluency, and how to play Taboo and Scattegories in English. Then, at the end of the week, we'll come back to this hotel in Pisek for a night or two, then head to Prague for a day, then come home! Whew! It's gonna be a busy week. We're probably gonna need some prayer... Hmm, how can people be praying for us, Dave?

Good question, Shena.  First and foremost, pray that Jesus be glorified in all we say and do.  Pray for open opportunities to share the gospel.  I'm sure there will be plenty since most people in this country are atheist or agnostic.  Pray that our lessons go well and that we can make great connections with our students.  Pray for the safety of the team.  And pray for the Holy Spirit to move in the lives of the people we encounter!  Woo hoo!  It will be an exciting adventure indeed.  *yawn* say... I think I might be a wee bit dosey.  What say you, my dear, shall we off to bed?

Those are great prayer requests! And yes... How about we turn on some weird European TV channels and turn in for the night?

Sounds good.


As they say in Czech... "Dobrou Noc!" (Goodnight!) :)

(Note: We may or may not be able to update the blog again during the week. If we can't update during the week, we'll do our best to post some pics when we get back to this hotel on Friday or Saturday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment